Access control system
Access control system (ACS) is a system that is intended to automate the check mode on the object.
Check mode it is demarcation of access rights between the employees and visitors as well as the zoning of the object on separate premises. That is, the system distinguishes employees who may have access:
- in all premises;
- In all but a specified list (for example, office workers do not have access to the warehouses)
- only in certain areas (the same office staff can get into the office, but can not in warehouses, manufacturing premises, etc.).
So much about the internal access mode.
Further – external access mode. The system should also distinguish between the incoming flow of people on the abovementioned employees and ordinary visitors. Visitors, more often, are provided with one-time passes, which guarantee certain rights, which are also clearly spelled out by the system. For example, the forwarder, who has access to the warehouse premises, can not move in manufacturing.
In addition, ACS – it is also detailed and accurate reporting. The system records all movements on the territory of the object with spelled timing and works very well in connection with CCTV.
Access control system building is based on two basic concepts:
- Access zones – are limited closed spaces (parts of building), access to them can be carried out only through access points.
- Access points – are barriers, created to restrict the access in areas with indentifying mechanism and mechanism of passes fixing. Thus, the access point -is a key mechanism, which provides authorized movements of incoming and outgoing flow on the territory of the object.
- For installation on the door: electric strike, electromagnet locks and electromechanical locks. Different circuit opening /closing, that is, for example, electric strike, when voltage is applied, can be both opened and closed, electromagnetic locks – can be only closed by voltage, and electromechanical – can be opened only once (as soon as the door is opened) by voltage.
- To install in the aisles and /or driveways: tourniquets, sluice cabins, gates and barriers. Factor in the choice, in this case, are the requirements for the safety of the object, aisle width and type of the incoming flow (people or cars) .If you need to manage the flow of people in a public place, you should choose the tourniquets, and if you want to restrict the entry of transport on the territory of the enterprise or parking – then the best option would be gates or barriers.
The reader is a special device that reads the ID code and transmits it to the controller which determines the access authorization. Readers vary depending on the identifier, which is used.
Can be of different forms: card, bracelet, electronic key, trinket. Sometimes identifier as hardware in the system may be absent, for example, in the case of biometric systems, where the identifier appears as iris or fingerprints.
Controller – is the foundation of the system. It contains a database of identifiers and information about rights of access to the object of the owners. The controller compares the code, received from the reader, compares it with the existing base and decides the admission or rejection of it.
ACS today – is an integral part of everyday life almost for everyone. This is a simple and effective mechanism of security for offices, banks, parkings, schools, public places (stadiums, subway etc.).
Moreover, ACS is increasingly used in residential complexes, private cottages and other objects of residential purpose.
If you want to install the access control system, consult our specialists by phone: (044) 525-28-53, 525-28-63 or send us a request on this site.